- 2018- Promoted to Chief of Police
- 2013 - Promoted to Major as the Administrative Commander
- 2013 - Graduated from Criminal Justice Executive Development (CJED) XV Program, Department of Criminal Justice Training.
- 2010 - Graduated from the 124th Administrative Officers Course at the Southern Police Institute, University of Louisville.
- 2008 - Promoted to Sergeant
- 2007 - Promoted to Corporal
About Chief Sam Rogers joined the Jeffersontown Police Department in December 2000. Upon completing DOCJT Basic Training Class 302, Chief Rogers was assigned as a Patrol Officer on the 3rd Platoon where he also later served as a supervisor secondary to promotion to Corporal and Sergeant. Chief Rogers served as Commander of the department’s Criminal Investigations Division as a Detective Sergeant from 2008-2013.
As the Administrative Commander, Chief Rogers supervised the department’s communications, clerical and training staff, crime prevention / DARE programs, and served as the Accreditation and Grant Manager for the department
Chief Rogers is a 1988 graduate of Louisville Male High School and holds an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Fire Science Technology from Jefferson Community College/KCTCS, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University and an MBA in Public Administration from Columbia Southern University.
Prior to joining the Jeffersontown Police Department, Chief Rogers was a member of the Jeffersontown Fire Department from 1988 to 2002. While at the fire department, Chief Rogers served as both a volunteer and career firefighter and served on the department’s Board of Trustees. Chief Rogers was previously employed as an Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic by the former Jefferson County Emergency Medical Service from 1993 to 1998 and served on that department’s Disaster Response Team as a Haz-Mat Technician.