Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) is responsible for any issue related to the sanitary sewer system. Call (502) 587-0603 for MSD assistance.
Trees are the homeowner’s responsibility except for the:
- Portion of a tree blocking the water flow to the drain in an easement
- Portion of a tree in the street
- Portion of a tree on the sidewalk or overhanging limbs impeding the sidewalk
The Public Works Department does not remove any live, standing trees.
- Homeowners are responsible for their driveway approach. The Jeffersontown Public Works Department will only repair or replace the approach if deemed as a necessity to maintain positive stormwater drainage.
- Homeowners must obtain a permit for driveway repair, replacement, or modification in the right of way (the area between the sidewalk and the street).
- The Jeffersontown Public Works Department is responsible to maintain unobstructed stormwater drainage in the right of way.
- Public Works Crew
- The State of Kentucky and the MSD guidelines state that they will acknowledge a drainage problem when water stands for more than 48 hours in a driveway or ditch.
- Homeowners are responsible for leaf and debris removal from the catch basin grate on their property.
- The City of Jeffersontown does not own easements on private property. An easement is an area where the government and/or utility companies have the right to access the area.
- The Jeffersontown Public Works Department is responsible for leaf and debris removal from catch basins and other drainage structures not on the property (i.e. streets, retention areas).
The Jeffersontown Public Works Department is responsible for the repair and replacement of sidewalks where a problem has been identified.